Canada’s Ocean Supercluster recent announcement a one-time Call for Proposals for projects under their new Ocean Supercluster Resilience Program.
Through the Ocean Supercluster Resilience Program (OSCR), the OSC will invest up to $15 million in ocean projects that create strong collaborations and focus on the growth of multiple Canadian innovation-based companies. The OSCR acts as a hybrid of the OSC’s core programs in Technology Leadership and Innovation Ecosystem and intends to tackle significant challenges in Canada’s ocean industries and build relationships in the ocean sector.
The Ocean Supercluster Resilience Call for Proposals is an opportunity for projects that can be completed in less than 30 months. It is a deadline-driven and competitive program that aims to generate a diverse set of project ideas that:
- Address challenges impeding the launch of ocean-focused offerings into new markets;
- Leverage digital innovation and business reform to improve customer value, global competitiveness, and connectivity across and between ocean sectors; and
- Advance the ocean innovation ecosystem by creating and strengthening relationships between Canada’s private and public sectors.
Successful OSCR projects will:
- Identify a compelling industry relevant challenge;
- Solicit required industry investment;
- Identify appropriate private and public sector partners;
- Deliver direct commercial benefits to the project consortium; and
- Make a positive impact on Canada’s ocean innovation ecosystem.
The application process is now open and begins with Expressions of Interest which must be submitted by February 19, 2021 at 4 p.m. Atlantic time to be considered. For complete details, visit the OSC website.